Saturday, December 4, 2010

CRITIQUE 1

-Beggarstaff

In this photo there is an older man on a horse that looks like something scared it. The horse has it’s ears back and tail between his legs. He seems to be looking at the dark object in the background. In the upper-right hand corner there is some writing in another language that I don’t know what it says. The whole picture really doesn’t make any sense to me and I can’t figure out what the object in the background is. It is very simple with outlines and lines and just 3 basics colors. Overall, I don’t really like it but maybe if I had any idea of what it is maybe I would.



-Audrey Hepburn

This is a magazine cover featuring Audrey Hepburn sitting on the floor in just a men’s collard shirt. She is looking at you while she talks on the phone which you can only see the cord but looks like it is also sitting on the floor near by. The focal point is her gaze. You are drawn to her eyes because it seems as though she is looking at you because you disturbed her on the phone. The photo is black and white and the magazine logo and footer is in red and white. The position of her body, her gaze, the phone and the wall make the photo linear. I love the picture but I don’t think that the black and white looks very good with the red. I think that the red takes away from the photo and makes it distracting.



No comments:

Post a Comment